Jeep First Year

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Crawlin'

So today I drove the jeep out to chimney rock out on Reddington pass. The drive up improved drastically after I dropped 15 psi out of my tires (from my initial trip of 35psi). I ran 20 psi the whole time. There was very little vibration in the jeep and I felt a little more confident in its operation. I also installed the second seat and brought the girlfriend along for the ride. I packed like 4 coats, 2 pair gloves, and three sock caps anticipating the cold drive back. I brought chips and salsa and my buddy brought a grill and some sweet potatoes and steaks.

I was wondering how people will get into the jeep once I put the rear seat in it, I guess they will have to just climb in through the back. The rear bumper makes for a nice step.

I then tried my luck at crawling around on some of the great surfaces out there for driving.

I love this picture.

My friend Bailey, who takes great pictures: http://www.photocross.us

My lovely passenger who was a trooper during the cold, dusty, violent ride.

Trying to get a feel for what this thing will actually go up.