Jeep First Year

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Chinese's Plan to Take over America

I have finally uncovered a conspiracy.

So the enemy has made their way and established a military encampment in Nogales. We keep pouring troops to the line in Green Valley having the I-19 freeway as our only source of transit to the front line.

I work in the chop shop, a welding shop for the local military holding down this battle. Most of the military-issued vehicles have already been lost so it is my job to re-enforce civilian vehicles to brave the battle. So in my shop I have this 1978 Jeep CJ 5 that I am adding some nerf bars to for strength, impact protection, and to mount rockets on. Anyways, I was cutting some 1/4" plate to make some tie-in points to the frame.

Here is the pile of steel that I started with:

Well here is a start for the rocket mount.

See?

In the middle of my fabrication, my cut-off saw shut down. I toggled the switch on and off several times. I plugged in a grinder to see if the saw had blown the relay. The Makita 4.5" grinder functioned perfectly. I then smelled the saw and it smelled like burnt plastic. I then went and got a beer and started pulling apart the handle. I found this inside:

The chop saw manufactured by Harbor Freight had a 15A switch in it! This saw definitely pulls more than 15A of current, since it used to blow my 15A circuit breaker before I put in the 20A breaker. Anyways the Harbor Freight 14" cut-off saw that I bought for $59.99 is practically an act of war on America. First of all, we give our money to the Harbor freight tool store. Their store drastically undercuts every American brand practically twisting your arm to buy their products. So the American buys the Harbor Fright tool over the American tool. Enemy 1, America 0. Now the American man fights his harbor freight tools not paying attention to the global issues or invading enemies. Enemy 2 America 0. Now finally when they invade we try to tool up the American man, but he only has harbor freight tools and cannot even build a gun mount for a jeep. Enemy 3 America 0. The enemy always wants our steel. You think they use harbor freight tools to build hotels in Hong Kong? No Way. I had a 4.5" harbor freight angle grinder catch fire in my hands. I left the smoldering grinder in my driveway and drove to home depot and bought a decent angle grinder. Makita, I think it is Japanese?

So here is the stopped saw:

My fix to this, no switch use the power strip as a switch.

WTF? 15A!

Put the switch in the trash.

The fix.

Taped the handle to prevent foreign objects entering the housing.

The nerf bars.

Me driving on my birthday.