Jeep First Year

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dash Fabrication pt 1

Here are some pictures of some of the fabrication process:

I clamped the new dash to the old dash to line up mounting holes/steering hole .



Holes were drilled to allow the jigsaw blade to enter. The funny business in the middle are some test cuts to see what my new jigsaw can do.

The dash is on the milling machine to get any tricky contours that the jigsaw couldn't get.

Here is a homemade mill-table clamp. Note that the steering hole is no longer a hole, it is a slot so you can remove the dash without removing the steering column or wheel. There will be a small plate that you can bolt up so it appears seamless.

Here I am testing the steering column shroud.


Testing alignment of holes and checking for clearances. If I was a true minimalist, I would leave it like this.