Jeep First Year

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dash Fabrication pt 3

Today I made provisions for the stereo system. I cut out the holes for the speakers and the hole for the stereo receiver.

Here is the panel with all the holes cut out.



Here is a shot of a speaker hole. The speakers will be mounted BEHIND the dash so they do not interfere with the rollcage.

Here is the stereo hole. I first cut it out with a dull jigsaw blade (it looked terrible). After a few minutes in the mill, it came out perfect:

I did forget to mention that when I received my panel that I got a little something extra. I opened up the box and there was some packing bubbles, the panels in a nice shrinkwrap on cardboard (see previous posts), a packing slip, brochure about the company and A PACK OF GUMMI-BEARS. I thought that this was kind of weird, but come to think of it, almost all of the industrial suppliers in town Copperstate Bolt and Nut, Southwest Hose, Santa Rita Steel, etc. all have candy bowls on their parts counter. Panel design has never been so sweet.