Jeep First Year

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back in Black

I painted most of the items that I primed black. Painting the rollcage and bumper were very difficult and the results were mixed. I will be using some rattle can paint to do some touch ups. I did not have enough paint to do the nerf bars, but I am going to hit them up with some spray on bedliner. Most importantly I did have good painting results with the dash and shift boot plate.


My paint suit became very torn after manuevering around such a small booth (5 paintjobs worth). I had to make some he-man underwear out of masking tape. Someone walked in my garage and was like "Oh my Jonathan, what is it that you are wearing--you look lovley. "

"This ol' thang?" I replied. I bet this picture will be on 4chan so fast. It'll become an internet joke called the painter. Like someone will post it on your site or link you to it and you will get "painted."

The painter.

The painter. You is gettin painted.

Completed dash.

Misc parts