Jeep First Year

Monday, July 27, 2009

More Pics

Here is another round of pictures of the Jeep.

I am currently trying to figure out what to do about the runs that there are on the body, there are about 5 or 6 areas that could use some attention. Tomorrow I will go to my jobber to ask them what would be best for the paint that I have. Also I decided against spraying clear for a few reasons: Single Stage is killer easy to shoot and easy to touch up/repair. Since it is a jeep I will probably be getting scratches on it here and there. I am not sure what do do about the orange peel (there is some slight orange peel) and the areas where outside debris entered the paint (small blemishes from my dirty paint booth). Some painters don't get runs though, they get what are called "flow checks." Heh.

I took off some of the masking paper, it was like unwrapping a present! I also cleaned up some stuff and started my re-assembly scheme. I rolled up the budget and am currently in the jeep about $2875.55 including the cost of the jeep. That number does not include my tooling and shop supplies those are rolled up separately.

Hey save some of that paper for next Christmas!

I finally got my garage door so it could be opened again. No fuss from the neighbors yet. It will be a miracle if I can pass by undetected.

I seriously can't wait to rip the booth out of the garage. I have to leave it up for when I do the rollcage, bumper, and nerf bars.

Shiny!

More shiny.

Mug Shot:

__|_/__/_|

___O||||||O_
(O)_)=O=)_)

Ok, that was the most white trash ASCII art ever!

I can't wait to get this paint in the sun and in a real camera lens for some accurate color representation.

I like how the inside of the engine compartment and the interior of the jeep are black. I think it ties things together nicely.

Straight shootin'.

The grill was kinda fun to paint. It was actually a very challenging painting problem since there are so many different lines you have to follow here for proper coverage.

Front left fender. Tomorrow I will bolt these up to the grill and install the hood and bolt the body to the frame. That way things will start to look a bit more "together" as far as the paint job goes. If you look closely the fender is loosely bolted to the tub and hanging from the grill by a wire. Scary.

Fender without shrouds, turn signals, and camo-American-Flag-eagle-feather-checkered-flag flames with skulls? :(