Jeep First Year

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Victory Lap

Tonight I took my victory lap around the block in the jeep.

See the video at:
http://jonathansjeep.blogspot.com



Here is me making some final preparations:


Notice I put the radiator protector in:


Here is my to-do list. I am knockin them down.


I received the LEDs for the dash


Here are some shots of the cockpit. No, the paper gauges do not work.






Look at that beautiful tire track!


In order to drive I had to bleed the brakes (new lines were installed, but never bled) and get the driveshaft hooked up. I also had some transmission bugs to fix, but was able to work all of that out today. Speed bleeders are AMAZING! Not only do they made bleeding brakes a snap, they also keep you from getting in trouble with the old lady for making her pump up the brakes and such.

The jeep felt very solid on the road and was just generally very intense to drive. Loud as hell with only headers on it too. I drove it around with no hood on for added respect and style points from my neighbors. I also had the girlfriend sitting in the passenger side of the tub.

Other news:
The horn in the jeep is busted and I have this one on the way:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380158631689

I am also looking for a good beep beep backup alarm. I had a TAIL-GATOR forktruck one slip through my hands on ebay for $3.50, lucky guy.

So in short, the major things left to do are:
Wire up the dash and components
Paint the rollcage, fuel rack, bumpers, crash bars, do touchups to chassis paint, etc
Muffler Shop
Title Inspection/Emissions/Registration

Good times.

O||||||O