Jeep First Year

Monday, March 16, 2009

Craigslist

So I want to get new seats for the jeep. I want the seats to be high back, vinyl, black, and possibly with the harness holes. I also want to get new 3pt seat belts. Anywho, here is how I plan to pay for some of that stuff:

Craigslist is the mecca of weird old obsolete automotive parts and stuff in general. I can dream on that I will make $400 which will almost cover the cost of said above items.

Jeep CJ5 CJ-5 Tan Soft Top and Doors - $250 (Houton and Bilby)


Reply to: sale-dzbxu-1077276540@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-16, 8:25AM MST


The soft top and doors were on my 1978 CJ5. I think they can go on many other CJ's from this era. I believe the brand is Bestop. The top comes with hardware and supports for installation.

I also selling the seats and locking center console with key:
http://tucson.craigslist.org/pts/1077288732.html


Jeep CJ-5 CJ5 Front Seats and locking center console - $150 (Houghton and Bilby)


Reply to: sale-wddth-1077288732@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-16, 8:32AM MST


From a 1978 Jeep CJ5. The seats and center console will come with all the bolts needed to install. I am also throwing in the original seat belts as well

I will also include the key for the center console.

I am also selling the matching top and doors, see my earlier post from today:
http://tucson.craigslist.org/pts/1077276540.html

So far two scammers have gone after me:

Them:
Hello there,pls i will like to know if the above listed item is still available for sale???

Me:
Robert,
Yes it is still for sale. Would you like to come look at it sometime this evening?
Thanks,
John

Them:
Thank for the prompt response my secretary will process and mail a certified draft to cover the cost as am completely satisfied with it.I will need the details of whom & where to mail the payment
1.Name to be on the check
2.Home address
3.Mobile #
Please note 'United Parcel Service' do not deliver to P.O.Box addresses and i will not be mailing a draft to one.My mover will becoming over for the pick up right only after the payment as been delivered.Kindly delete the posting as am totally committed to buying from you to save cost,..Here is my relay phone # is (210) 209-8524 am deaf and will receive your phone messages via email, regards

Me:
Robert,
Shame on you!!! You little stinker trying to scam me.

We'll see if he responds.