Jeep First Year

Friday, March 12, 2010

Outboarded Spring Hangers II

So here are a few shots of the next stage of the spring hanger outboarding.

Crunching some numbers so I can measure and mark the holes correctly.

After making the correct measurements and center-punching the points to be drilled to 5/8" for the bolts.

Duplicating the spring hanger for the other side. I had to clamp them together to drill the holes properly.

Duplicating the holes.

Here is one of the spring hangers bolted up. I will add gussets to the angle iron (see previous post for diagram). They are bolted up with two 5/8" gr 8 bolts. I will also tie the bottom of these angle irons into the stock spring locations with a 1/4" plate.

Passenger side hanger bolted up.

Cutting the steel for the spring brackets.

Here are the outboarded spring hangers clamped up.

Passenger side spring hangers.

Driver side spring hangers

I also picked up a new set of 5/8" gr 8 U-bolts, nuts, and washers for the rear axle. I am waiting to finish making my measurements on the dana 44 before I pick up those U bolts.