Jeep First Year

Friday, March 26, 2010

Outboarded Spring Hangers VI

I finally finished the front spring hanger. It is bolted up with 6x 7/16" bolts in the stock locations in addition to 4x 5/8" bolts on the outboarded section. I have included pictures of how it ties into the stock locations and the outboarded mounts as well. I also finished adding gussets to the angle steel for the outboarded mounts.

I added an american flag sticker to the cross member, because hey, it was made in America.

Passenger side bolt configuration.

Driver's side bolt configuration

Side shot

I still need to drill the spring holes and bolt them up.

Front view of the waggy axle and YJ springs with the outboarded hangers

Driver's side detail of how the outboarded spring hangers tie into the frame

Passenger side


Hangers after welding in the gussets and painting them

Before paint

Passenger side before gussets

Driver's side before gussets