Jeep First Year

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cold plugs, Hot exhaust

Today I painted my brass freeze plugs, flat black to go with the color scheme of the rest of the engine. Since they are small enough I was able to bake the ceramic paint on to make the paint endure me hammering them into the plug holes. I painted the plugs flat black, because the blue engine with brass plugs would make it look like a low rider engine. Not the intent here.

Tonight I also removed the collectors from the headers, sanded the headers, removed gaskets, and ground arcs into the top part of the header for easy spark plug access. I think that exhaust gaskets contain asbestos, hopefully I will make it past tomorrow!

Tomorrow I will be cleaning the headers and various other engine parts, they will be painted flat black also.