Jeep First Year

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Get My Motor Running

My updated garage arrangement.


Tie in for mid body to frame.


Tie in for front of rollcage.


I want the rollcage to be good enough for more than 1/2 a roll.


I have been wearing the same shirt during the whole jeep project!


So the electric fuel pump did the trick as far as getting the engine running. Unfortunately, it may pump too well, so I bought a regulator and gauge to control and monitor the fuel flow. I currently do not have headers on the engine so I have not ran it for very long since it shoots blue fireballs into the sides of the engine compartment. I basically hooked up the pump, tested its flow into an empty b-soda bottle, hooked it up to the carb, and then turned the key. The engine fired up to about 3krpm for 5 seconds and then wound down to 600 rpm where it idled smoothly.

I had to reorganize my garage so that I could have an area to take the body off, but still simultaneously be able to run the engine without the body on the frame.

I also drew up the schematics to tie the body and rollcage into the frame. I will be using some pretty intense 1/4" plate and 1/4" wall square tubing to make sure the rollcage is functional.